Smoke Is Showing Fireground Photography
“Smoke is Showing”, is an online gallery dedicated to Fire Service photography. It is operated by Mitchell Brown, and he is the photographer as well as the Canadian Director of the International Fire Photographers Association. He currently lives in Southern Ontario, between Toronto and Niagara Falls. He is also an Official Photographer for the National Firefighters Endowment.
Smoke is Showing provides photography for training, live scene, apparatus and traditional firefighter portraits, and collages to departments in the area. They also create custom and creative helmet and turn out gear images. He is available to travel to meet your needs.
- Training images are a valuable tool for both positive re-enforcement and to address areas for improvement.
- Most departments have Class A portraits of their members as well as collages.
- Live scene images can be used for an investigative tool and for archival purposes.
- Apparatus, custom and traditional portraits are always in demand for archival, identification and personal purposes.
- Custom helmet and turn out gear imagery are just plain “cool” to hang on your wall.
Online Gallery– Smoke is Showing offers an online gallery of Brown’s work. You can view his work by clicking here.
Prints/Posters- The images that are available for purchase can be seen by clicking here. Many departments have wall art hanging around their station, and I would recommend looking through his work to consider in decorating your firehouse.
Helmet Photos- Smoke is Showing also will customize an image for you. I sent him an image of my helmet after a fire, and he was able to really make the photograph POP! You can contact him about touching up your photographs or any needs that you have.
Smoke is Showing sent me several images that I have around the house. He also completed the enhancement on my helmet photo. The work was completed very quickly, and the images he captures are even breathtaking at times. I would recommend anyone looking for fire photographs or wanting photos taken to get in contact with him.