1st In Leather
Mikey Hillmann wanted a custom leather shield for his fire helmet. Rather than getting online and start searching as most of us would do today, he decided he wanted to make his own. He has turned that dream and passion into what 1st In Leather is today, just over a year later. Mikey said that as he started making shields, he saw them as a “masterpiece” of his time and effort. Now, he says he continues to grow with his talents far beyond what he was able to create back then.
1st In Leather offers a great variety of custom leather products such as:
- Leather Key Chains
- Leather Glove Straps
- Leather Suspenders
- Leather Radio Straps
- Leather Shields
1st In Leather’s shields can be as simple or as deluxe as the customer would like them to be. They can feature a simple front with a recessed number, recessed banners with stamped letters, or even replicate department/company patches. The sky is the limit when it comes to custom leather shields by 1st In Leather. They also have a blank shield that you are able to print off at home and draw your design on to show the company exactly what you are looking for.
The products that 1st In Leather offer range from $20 to $120. The average shields run from $50- $95. The price various on the complexity of the design and what the customer wants.
- Contact 1st In Leather and describe the product that you are wanting made.
- Artwork will be produced and approved by the customer.
- The production will begin. (The customers are usually shown the product as it goes through the process from being stamped to paint.)
- Paint is applied to the product.
- Your custom product will be shipped to you.