Dr. David Griffin, one of the first arriving members of the Charleston Fire Department on June 18th, 2007 at the Super Sofa Store Fire, will be speaking at a seminar hosted by the Johnson City Professional Firefighters Association on February 22nd and 23rd. Griffin had just been promoted to Assistant Engineer when his department responded to a highly publicized event that took the lives of 9 Charleston firefighters. After the tragedy, Griffin returned to school to better his education and now travels across the country to educate others. He has also published a book, In Honor of the Charleston 9: A Study of Change Following Tragedy. The book has been featured among Amazon’s Top Sellers and can be purchased by clicking here (link).
A few months ago, members of the JCPFFA travelled to Charlotte, NC to attend this seminar. After returning to the Tri-Cities, they knew that this was a seminar that other firefighters from the area needed to attend and stated that “it changed their outlook on the fire service forever.”
This seminar will present:
- First-hand accounts of that day.
- Never before seen video footage with radio traffic.
- Initial resistance to the change following the tragedy.
- The heavy toll this catastrophic fire took on Dr. Griffin’s life.
- The incredible changes that he and the CFD have made.
- Dr. Griffin’s scientific research regarding the change process following this event.
- Details from his coinciding Best Selling Book entitled: In Honor of The Charleston 9: A Study of Change Following Tragedy
- A special discounted rate for signed copies of this Best Seller.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FLYER TO DISPLAY AT YOUR DEPARTMENT
February 22nd: 9A-4P
February 23rd: 8A-3P
HOW TO REGISTER
Contact President Nathan Carrier by February 10th by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
$20 collected the day of the class (Checks made payable to JCPFFA)